This error may occur when, during export, a part of your project's timeline requires more resources (typically RAM) than your device has available.
We recommend trying the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Ensure you're using the app’s most recent version from the .
- Reboot your device. Ensure no other apps, especially video players or screen recorders, are running. If another app is using your device's resources, Alight Motion may have trouble accessing them.
- Export from the project list as this uses fewer resources. On the project list tab, long-press the project thumbnail > tap Export at the bottom-left corner.
- Export from the project list by adjusting the export settings. Use a lower resolution, frame rate, or bitrate (Quality slider).
If the steps above do not work, you may need to simplify your project. The error message has a timecode at the bottom after the "@" symbol. Go to the mentioned time in your project, and try the following:
- Reduce the number of effects being used simultaneously. Especially blurs, glows, and edge effects, as they may require a lot of resources during export.
- Reduce the number of video clips being used simultaneously. Even if hidden by other layers, they may still need resources during export.
- Check out the Alight Motion Performance Guide for more information on using fewer resources in your projects.
If you still need help, feel free to Submit a request from the top of this page. We recommend including the following:
- A screenshot or screen recording that could show your experience, including any error message you may have received.
- A screenshot of the About screen from Alight Motion: open the app > tap on the side menu > About > take a screenshot.